Saturday, January 16, 2010

..::Roots::..



I love this layout. It's my mom at 5, her mom at 7, and me at 5. It's simply amazing how much I look like her! She died when I was little and I don't remember much about her sadly. I've always felt like something huge was missing from my world growing up without a grandmother. (Both my mom and my dads moms died when I was very little) I love looking at this picture and feeling connected to her. I cried the first time I saw it because I had "roots"...hence the title. I used both carts and SCAL and I don't even know what was what because I redid this so many times! I used a punch for the butterflies and tried to emboss them each differently and stickle them because she collected butterflies. She liked the designs on their wings....which is very cool because I love watching butterflies and now I know why! I also added some diamonds on the rik rak because her nickname was "Jewel". The little frames came from THIS link. She has GREAT files!!

Happy Weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful and touching layout. It is so sweet to see the generations here. This is something to pass on to the boys.
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails