Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I have something to share!!!


I don't remember how I found these but let me tell you when I sat down last night to see if I could just fold a piece of fabric remotely close to the real deal...I was hooked! 15 petals later...I had to redo this flower OMG so many times I lost track! but!!! It is so gorgeous! My only dilemas are 1. boys and flowers don't go together, and 2. the bulkyness. I have to find some thinner fabric. Anyway, here is a picture of my little-not so little flower. This fabric was cut at 3"...I think I'm going to try 1 1/2 next. The flower is called a Kanzashi flower. I'm ordering a book on all the folds...this is one of 3 that I know of so far. Click on Kanzashi to see a video and get instructions. I hope you all can use these beautiful little creations! I do recommend using starch and a bone folder for your creasing. It made life so much easier!

3 comments:

  1. I think it is just beautiful. I really don't know if I have the patience to try it...at least not right now. giggles. I have a motto, you can use flowers on any page YOU love! I put them on my boy pages all the time! My nephews can just remember their Nee Nee as the crazy Auntie who loved flowers. Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOO how pretty! Share the other stuff you make too. I'm gonna go watch the video.
    I love the page with Tobias and Jesus, but I like it the first time too! But if you're happier with this, then that's what counts!
    I can't wait to see Trev's page. Hug the boys for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm with Kim, use the flowers on any page. I'd be ok with being the crazy auntie! lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails